A Day of Broom Misery in the Office  

Posted by edelweiza in , , , ,

If there's one household chore I hate to do, it would be sweeping the floor. It's a li'l funny because I like mopping a lot. Don't sweeping and mopping go hand in hand? I remember when I was a kiddo, I'd ask my mom to just let me wash the dishes and the clothes instead of sweeping the floor and our backyard. You bet, I hated brooms (I still do!) and how no matter how hard I swept away the trash, I still didn't get content with my cleaning because I could still see small dust and dirt getting left behind in the corners of our house.

When I started working in the office, I felt glad I am spared from cleaning my work station because there are cleaners assigned to our office. They do the cleaning every day, just before we start working at 8:00 a.m. They would sweep and mop and clean our work tables, chairs, PCs, shelves and cabinet. They do it so well that I often wonder, have they not experienced a cleaning misery in their youth?

Just when I thought I won't experience cleaning my work station, there's this one fateful day that I was forced to do a lot of cleaning. As in a lot, and it involved a lot of sweeping. Gosh. It was the first day of the week after typhoon Ondoy hit Manila. Remember the flood, the destruction and the mess in our homes? I still do.

Our office wasn't spared, it being on the ground floor of the building. And so that morning, I swept away until my hips ached. It was a day of broom misery in the office. It didn't help that I was pretty meticulous when it comes to cleaning my work station. I didn't want to see any dirt or even just traces of it.

Sad to say, but the broom let me down. I had to pick up the dirt left on the floor using a rug and my own hands just to get my workstation back to its squeaky clean state.

27042011
the office girl that the broom let down

That, my friend is my one whole day of broom misery in the office. Yes, in the office of all places!

I need change. I want to start the doom of the broom. I need help!

Note: This is my official entry to the Electrolux Doom of the Broom Bloggers Contest.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 27 April 2011 at Wednesday, April 27, 2011 and is filed under , , , , .

13 comments

Wahahaha! I couldn't help but laugh while reading this post. How you relate that "one fateful day after Ondoy" to the contest theme really shows the creative juice in you!

I still remember that day when we heard about your office being flooded by Ondoy. That's the disadvantage of being at the first floor. Good thing we're two floors higher.

Good luck to you, Superf!

April 27, 2011 at 9:42 AM

With that outfit, i think you really need that electrolux appliance, Edel. hehehe.

April 27, 2011 at 9:47 AM

@Superf: Haha. Thanks. Yeah, we were 'malas' that time. I missed working from the third floor! :)

@Alex: Hehehe, thanks! I wish, I wish! :)

April 27, 2011 at 9:52 AM

i love your pose hahaha! thought it was your trophy, sorry for the poor eyesight hahaha!

honestly, for me, sweeping is not a good exercise, it will just cause pain in my back. When you think that the place is already clean, think again. all those dust is in your clothes and inside your nose. hahaha! better get a vacuum. :)

ps
hindi bagay ang walis sa magandang dilag na tulad mo ^_^

April 27, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Anonymous  

weeeeh emo ka ati!
dmi k aman kaptid s knila mo n lang ipagawa yang pagwawalis.hehehe

April 27, 2011 at 11:32 AM

I agree with other peeps comments here. Di bagay sayo ang broom. Di suited sa attire mo ang walis tambo. I think you need something else, like a high tech vacuum cleaners. Saves you a lot of back pain. =)

April 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM

@irishell, son & ron: mga adik. haha. thanks sa suporta, guys! :)

April 27, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Anonymous  

"...that morning, I swept away until my hips ached. It was a day of broom misery in the office. I didn't want to see any dirt or even just traces of it."

Kudos! A vacuum will be your big helper :)

April 27, 2011 at 11:57 AM

Reading your post keep me smiling from the start til the end... good work Edel!

April 27, 2011 at 12:18 PM

@jhong: wow, thanks! :)

@anonymous: thank you! :)

April 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM

talagang walang pinipiling lugar ang alikabok at dapat lang na kahit saan mang lugar ay manatili tayong masinop.

Isa lang nga ang solusyon sa problema mo ang electrolux!

April 27, 2011 at 4:30 PM

ganda ng outfit! kaso d bagay ang walis! nkakasira ng japorms hehehe =p

say goodbye to tambo and say hello to dynamica =)

April 28, 2011 at 1:52 PM

@meki admin: haha, tama! :)

@aerin: sinabi mo pa! hehehe. thanks! :)

April 28, 2011 at 2:26 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails