Last April 16, I joined around 200 bloggers in a bloggers fest organized by everyone's blogger friend Azrael Coladilla in partnership with Thunderbird Resorts (Binangonan, Rizal Branch) and a handful of sponsors. The event, which also highlighted the awarding ceremony for the winners of Thunderbird's Extraordinary Online Video Contest, was held at the enormous Event Center of the said resort. It was my first time to attend such a big gathering of bloggers and I was so glad I did.

PHOTOS TO FOLLOW...

A big part of the event went to the talks given by fellow bloggers who are more experienced in their respective niches. Azrael talked about "Blogging 101," Micaela Rodriguez of Micamyx.com shared her story on "Personal Blogging," Jonel Uy of NomNomClub.com discussed "Blogging and Writing with SEO in Mind," Fitz Villafuerte of FitzVillafuerte.com expounded on "How To Write Awesome Blog Posts," Antonio Carranza, Jr. of PusangKalye.net explained about photo blogging and enumerated the many "Photo Blogging Essentials," Arvin Ello of Vintersections.com taught us on "Beating Writer’s Block and The Importance of Revision," JP De Leon of KampeonNgPagibig.co shared his knowledge on "Domain and DNS Management for your Blogs," and Marlon Guzman of SolidHosting.ph gave useful tips on "How to Secure your Blog from Hacking."

I have to give it to all the resource speakers for sharing their knowledge and expertise  with us. They were all good in their talks. I liked it that they allowed the audience to ask questions because it made understanding each topic more effective. I'm sure all of us, particularly the newbie bloggers, learned a lot of things.

Aside from the informative talks and the workshops on blog coverage, music blogging and photography that followed it, we bloggers were also given an opportunity to interact and socialize with one another. The hearty lunch and after noon snacks courtesy of Thunderbird Resorts made the social networking more fun and enjoyable.

As for me, I think I made a new friend or two. Haha. Sorry but despite my more than five years in the blogosphere, my social skills still haven't improved much. Those who know me very well will agree on that. Haha.

Thank you very much to Azrael for the invite and to Thunderbird Resorts Rizal for serving as a gracious host. And of course to the rest of the sponsors that made this event awesome and memorable for all of us who attended.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 28 April 2011 at Thursday, April 28, 2011 and is filed under , , , , , .

1 comments

Great, Thanks for sharing your experience on the last BloggerFest held at the Thunderbirds Resort.

May 2, 2011 at 1:35 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails