I had my first set of business cards during my first job. I remember I only had two dozens then. My business cards were in standard paper stock, white in color and plain-looking. It only had our company’s logo, my name and position, a contact number and an email address. It looked boring, yes, but I didn’t care. What mattered to me then was that I had business cards to show or give to people when the need would arise.
Since I only had a few cards, I used it wisely. I only wanted to give it to people whom I thought were important, or could be of use to me in the future. I didn’t want it to be in the hands of people who would just toss it away at the first opportunity. I wanted it to be valued just as how I valued it.

Photo from http://www.nextdayflyers.com
Why do people need business cards? I can only think of a few answers: to identify or distinguish yourself from others, to make yourself known and remembered, and of course, to establish connection with other people. It could be about forging a partnership, building a professional relationship, expanding one’s social network or just trying to make friends.
When the time came that my business cards run out, I didn’t know what happened, but I didn’t get them replenished. Perhaps, I was just too busy with work then. Or maybe, I just woke up one day and forgot about the importance of it. I wasn’t able to meet a lot of people during those times, anyway.
When I started blogging and eventually getting invited to blogger events, I began receiving business cards from fellow bloggers. I appreciated the gesture but when it was my turn to return the favor, I couldn’t show them anything. I realized I didn’t have any business cards to give. Did I become worried? Nope, not at all. I just told them I didn’t have any. Plain and simple.
Now that I’m thinking about it, is it really time for me to get some business cards? Or should I just continue blogging and making friends thru blogging without it? To be honest, at this point, I still can’t get myself to having my own, personalized business cards. But who knows, I might change my mind in the future.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Since I only had a few cards, I used it wisely. I only wanted to give it to people whom I thought were important, or could be of use to me in the future. I didn’t want it to be in the hands of people who would just toss it away at the first opportunity. I wanted it to be valued just as how I valued it.

Photo from http://www.nextdayflyers.com
Why do people need business cards? I can only think of a few answers: to identify or distinguish yourself from others, to make yourself known and remembered, and of course, to establish connection with other people. It could be about forging a partnership, building a professional relationship, expanding one’s social network or just trying to make friends.
When the time came that my business cards run out, I didn’t know what happened, but I didn’t get them replenished. Perhaps, I was just too busy with work then. Or maybe, I just woke up one day and forgot about the importance of it. I wasn’t able to meet a lot of people during those times, anyway.
When I started blogging and eventually getting invited to blogger events, I began receiving business cards from fellow bloggers. I appreciated the gesture but when it was my turn to return the favor, I couldn’t show them anything. I realized I didn’t have any business cards to give. Did I become worried? Nope, not at all. I just told them I didn’t have any. Plain and simple.
Now that I’m thinking about it, is it really time for me to get some business cards? Or should I just continue blogging and making friends thru blogging without it? To be honest, at this point, I still can’t get myself to having my own, personalized business cards. But who knows, I might change my mind in the future.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 28 April 2011
at Thursday, April 28, 2011
and is filed under
business card printing,
Business Cards,
business printing,
card business,
establishing connection,
Friendship,
Partnerhips,
personalized business cards,
working relationship
.




