To monitor my weight, I stand on the weighing scale on a daily basis. This is contrary to the advice of some weight lost guru that says you should only monitor your weight once a month otherwise you won’t see any improvements at all. I wanted to defy the rule and see for myself.

scaleDM_468x481

Image taken from here

Weighing scales don’t lie. It doesn’t give you the pretense that you’re getting thinner than what you really are. It only interprets the measurement you supply it with. To keep track of my progress, I hit the scale every morning just before breakfast.

This morning, I found out I already lose three pounds. I don’t follow any particular diet because I have come to the realization that no diet is effective enough to give you the long-term results you want. I just limit my calorie-intake, that’s all. This means I eat the food I crave for but I try to balance everything. So far, I think I’m doing great.

My craving for a Cabalen buffet will have to wait... :)


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 19 January 2010 at Tuesday, January 19, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , , , .

8 comments

visiting, comment and click :D

hehehe... daan daan lang del :D

January 19, 2010 at 2:46 PM

@DBuzToday: daming thanks po! :)

January 19, 2010 at 3:58 PM

congrats! coupled with exercise you're on your way to a happy skinny you. :)

in the gym, i do weigh myself if i feel the need to. it's one way of assessing your hardwork.

January 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM

@skulgirltrx: haha, thanks sis! magdilang-anghel ka sana. good luck din sa weight mgt. u. :)

January 20, 2010 at 9:34 AM

I lost over 50 pounds a couple of years ago by doing the same thing, getting on the scales every day, and no set diet. Just cut back on my calories. Good for you!

January 20, 2010 at 10:41 AM

@David DeWall: now i can really say getting on the scales everyday is a good motivation for people who wanna lose weight. thanks! :)

January 20, 2010 at 3:48 PM

who said i want to lose weight? hahahaha!

January 26, 2010 at 7:00 AM

@nicely: haha, yun lang po bow. :)

January 26, 2010 at 11:24 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails