Sunday is family day and so I spent it with my father and two siblings. I woke up early and asked my father to accompany me to the supermarket. We did some grocery shopping and when we got home, I immediately started cooking. For lunch, I cooked my father’s favorite dish which is chicken nilaga. We ate together and it was one of the best lunches we’ve ever had.
Sunday night saw me helping out my sister with her term paper. After that I assisted my brother in filling up his application form for the civil service exam he’s taking this November. I encouraged him to take it as soon as possible for promotion purposes. Just like me, he’s working in the government and having a civil service license of sorts is an edge. In fact, for him to get a permanent position in any government office, a major requirement is to pass the civil service exam. Otherwise, he’ll be bound to be a contractual employee forever. There’s no job security whatsoever. And it’s never a good thing.
Before taking the civil service exam, which can be done online or through paper and pencil, he could opt to take some microsoft training courses or attend review classes. This way, his chance to pass the civil service exam gets higher. He knows he doesn’t want to waste his time and money taking the exam unprepared. It’s a surefire formula to failure. I could also review him personally. My first-hand experience in taking the civil service exam, along with some tried-and-tested reviewers, could be enough to see him through. But more than everything, prayer is king. So I asked my brother to pray real hard before taking the civil service exam for divine providence.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Sunday night saw me helping out my sister with her term paper. After that I assisted my brother in filling up his application form for the civil service exam he’s taking this November. I encouraged him to take it as soon as possible for promotion purposes. Just like me, he’s working in the government and having a civil service license of sorts is an edge. In fact, for him to get a permanent position in any government office, a major requirement is to pass the civil service exam. Otherwise, he’ll be bound to be a contractual employee forever. There’s no job security whatsoever. And it’s never a good thing.
Before taking the civil service exam, which can be done online or through paper and pencil, he could opt to take some microsoft training courses or attend review classes. This way, his chance to pass the civil service exam gets higher. He knows he doesn’t want to waste his time and money taking the exam unprepared. It’s a surefire formula to failure. I could also review him personally. My first-hand experience in taking the civil service exam, along with some tried-and-tested reviewers, could be enough to see him through. But more than everything, prayer is king. So I asked my brother to pray real hard before taking the civil service exam for divine providence.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 22 September 2009
at Tuesday, September 22, 2009
and is filed under
Civil Service Commission,
Civil Service Exam,
Family Life,
Microsoft,
Microsoft Training Courses,
Sunday
.




