Former President Ma. Corazon Cojuangco Aquino is dead.* The first Filipina President and widow of Filipino hero Sen. Benigno "Ninoy" Aquino, Jr. who was well-loved by the Filipino people, has succumbed to colon cancer. Former Pres. Aquino's family doesn't know me but I have followed their difficult yet dignified lives through textbooks and the media. I am saddened by this news and am one with them in spirit as they grieve for the untimely lost of their beloved and pray for the repose of her soul.
Wear something yellow as a way of expressing your condolences to the Aquino family and for remembering a great democracy icon in the person of Former President Corazon C. Aquino. I think that's the least every Filipino can do.
Pres. Cory, as what ordinary people would address her, has already etched her place in Philippine history. She will be sorely missed but I am certain her legacies will live on forever.
Goodbye, Pres. Aquino!
*Inquirer.net
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Wear something yellow as a way of expressing your condolences to the Aquino family and for remembering a great democracy icon in the person of Former President Corazon C. Aquino. I think that's the least every Filipino can do.
Pres. Cory, as what ordinary people would address her, has already etched her place in Philippine history. She will be sorely missed but I am certain her legacies will live on forever.
Goodbye, Pres. Aquino!
*Inquirer.net
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 01 August 2009
at Saturday, August 01, 2009
and is filed under
Aquino Family,
Death,
Former Pres. Cory Aquino,
National Grieving,
Philippine Presidents
.




