Update: The Americans have spoken. Senator Barack Obama is now the 44th President of the United State of America.

I don't know a lot about Senator Barack Obama. I just continue to hear and read good words about him from people, famous or otherwise. From the looks of it, this man has the making of a US President. For one, he has confidence, efficiency, integrity, optimism and charisma that are critical factors for every aspiring political candidate to ensure victory. The Democrat leader is also a visionary and his visions are universal. Those and more must be the reasons why he has earned the confidence and admiration of the majority of people not only in the United States but also around the world.

obama

During our traditional flag-raising ceremony last Monday, the speaker who delivered the inspirational message talked briefly about Senator Obama. He said that since the man may just be the next US President, he might as well start studying about him. What he did was he read one of Senator Obama's book, "The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream," and learned several beautiful things about him. He then went on and gladly shared with us one of Obama's quote in the book that moved him:
"We have a stake in one another … what binds us together is greater than what drives us apart, and ... if enough people believe in the truth of that proposition and act on it, then we might not solve every problem, but we can get something meaningful done for the people with whom we share this Earth."
It was funny but while he was reading this to us, I had goose bumps and found myself listening attentively to every word he said. There is so much truth in it, right? Until now, these words continue to reverberate in my head. And I just can't help it.

If ever he wins the 2008 US Presidential Elections, Senator Obama will be the first African-American to become US President. But he still has a lot of challenges to face. I hope he rises above them all. I'm starting to have faith in him as a leader. Who knows he can offer solutions to some of the major and most pressing issues confronting the world today? Who knows he can encourage world leaders to work and act as one? I am keeping my fingers crossed.During times like this, we have to be optimistic.

If I were a US citizen, I will possibly vote for Senator Obama as President. How about you, what do you think of Senator Barak Obama?

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 04 September 2008 at Thursday, September 04, 2008 and is filed under , , , , .

5 comments

Well, I don't want to be a killjoy, but I definitely am not a fan of Barack Obama. You mentioned many Americans admire him. I would add that these are the Americans who are Democrats. Americans who are Republicans do not admire him. The country is very evenly split between Democrats and Republicans.

However, Democrats have a virtual stranglehold on the mainstream media, which is why you read and hear mostly praise about Senator Obama.

I personally am an Independent. Neither Republicans nor Democrats represent my political philosophy, which is laissez-faire capitalism. So I must either vote for one of the candidates, both of whom espouse political philosphies is abhor, or I must abstain from voting altogether. There are no good options for a capitalist, such as myself.

As a capitalist, it is pretty obvious why I don't admire Obama. He's an advocate of the welfare state, with more and more government control of the economy. Exactly the wrong direction in which to go. It would be pointless to list which of his policies I disagree with, since I disagree with virtually all of them.

I also disagree with the Republicans, who want to mix religion with government by teaching creationism in school, etc. They also push welfare state programs, just like the Democrats.

As I said, I'm not trying to be a killjoy. But I have to make clear my opposition to the statist direction in which America is going, which Obama wants to continue and intensify.

Chuck

September 4, 2008 at 7:34 AM

@chuck:

First of all, thank you for your very personal and honest opinion. I can clearly see where you come from.As I've said, I don't know a lot about the Senator. (I remember I even said one time in the past that I thought I was apolitical.)

Just like you, my preference is based on my political views.You said you're more into capitalism, I am not.I'm more into public welfare. To each his own, I guess.

Senator Obama seems to embody his very battlecry which is change.We can't deny the fact that he's popular (irregardless of the fact that the Democrats have a virtual stranglehold on the media) and people are the very ones who can catapult him to power.I know the word "change" is overused but the Senator has unparalleled charisma that effectively sends the message across.

Capitalism is good but I think there should be an equal distribution of wealth and income. I know it's hard to be realized and we can only rely on the government to do their job, that is to uphold public welfare without sacrificing the economy. I hope I made my point.

I don't care about the votes. Even I have yet to exercise my right of suffrage, believe it or not.

No, you are not a kill joy.Your thoughts are welcome here. People should only have to respect each other's views and beliefs and everything will be just fine. :)

September 4, 2008 at 9:22 AM
Anonymous  

re: your entrecard troubles, wala naman ako naging problem today... hmmm... maybe browser and may problem?

September 4, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Anonymous  

I'm a Filipino but in my observations - there are just too many reasons why Obama will not be US President.

Americans are known patriots - and they don't see it in Obama.

September 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM

@xee: feeling ko browser nga prob.cge try ko ipareinstall pagbalik ni bf from cebu. :)

@bloggista: yeah, but we also have to remember americans are divided into two: democrats and republicans.:)

September 5, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails