Update: After a lot of thinking, I finally bought a COMPAQ Presario B1293TU. Read my review of the laptop here.I was one of the not so lucky kids who had never seen a PC in my elementary years. During my high school days where computers are starting to dominate the landscape (if not the world), I was one of the many public high school students who never had the chance to get free computer lessons as part of my curriculum.
It was only in college that I had actually touched and used a PC. I admit I had difficulty using it the first time, though I must say I got the hang of it fast (ehem!) through constant practice and self-study. Given my late acquisition of computer knowledge and limited PC access, the optimist in me nurtured a dream of buying my own PC someday.
However, my PC dream was not able to keep up with the new PC units introduced in the market. Whenever I have saved up for a PC unit of my choice, a better one would come out. And it would always be like that. I was so depressed that I opted to save up for a laptop instead. After all, technology is constantly evolving and so should my preference. Maybe this time, I would have a better chance. I told myself I wouldn't care about the arrival of new and better laptops in the next few months. As long as I get a new laptop for myself, I'll be happy.
Yes, I really want a new laptop at this point. For me, it will be like the realization of my past dream. It will also give further boost to my online money making efforts, which will make it an investment of sorts. My siblings will also benefit from it since they could use it in their studies. I know there are still more purposes waiting to be unveiled.
As for my laptop preference, I want one that's durable, functional and of course, winner on the specs side. I can do away with a not so popular brand. In fact, I have this MSI laptop in mind (lemme know what you think!) right now. My budget is 30k. No more, no less.
Friends, any alternatives or suggestions? I will deeply appreciate your help, big or small. :)
Image Source: http://www.pccorner.com.ph




