I'm now on Day 12 of the Listerine Dare to Get Total Care Challenge. So far, so good. My experience with the no. 1 mouthwash brand has been pleasant and effective. I can still remember the first time I used Listerine Total Care. I almost cried while gargling. It felt really strong and spicy in my mouth at first. It even came to a point where I thought of swallowing the liquid in my mouth just to give it instant relief.

As I was starting the 30-second count in my head, I felt like spitting out the mouthwash. I mustered enough courage not to. Sayang naman. Suddenly, I noticed that as I was nearing the final 30th second, the spiciness had been lessened. I felt the mouthwash coating my entire mouth with a thin film of protection. When I finally spit out the mouthwash and rinsed, my mouth felt brand new. It felt cool and clean.

listerine total care bottle


Keeping the oral care habit of brush, floss and rinse (BFR) may be hard at first but once you see and feel the benefits, you'll surely get motivated to embrace it for life. Actually, that's what I'm feeling right now. I feel like keeping this habit to achieve optimum oral health. To show you that I'm serious about this, here is my Total Care Pledge:

Using Listerine Total Care has been an eye opener,
Brushing and flossing are never enough
If I want total oral health,
Rinsing should be a part
That's why from this day onwards,
I'm keeping the BFR habit that I have started
And I'm keeping Listerine Total Care as my partner
In caring not just for my mouth
But for my overall health and well-being as well.

You, too, can start a life committed to total oral care! Share your oral care pledge with me through the comment section. Two oral care pledges will get gift packs from me courtesy of Listerine.I'm choosing the winner and if you want to increase your chances of winning, do so by sharing my post on Twitter using this format:

"Time to Make your Oral Care Pledge! http://tinyurl.com/6av9zhj #totalcare @edelweiss_19"

The two winners will be announced next week. Join now! :)


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 03 June 2011 at Friday, June 03, 2011 and is filed under , , , , , , , , , .

15 comments

niarbie  

I will start the BFR habit today and do my best to continue it for days and years to come. All this for my total oral care.

I also twitted, I'm @niarbie at Twitter.

June 6, 2011 at 8:08 AM

My total care pledge is to visit the dentist twice a year to achieve optimum oral health.

June 7, 2011 at 8:54 AM

My pledge is to the BFR habit and visit the dentist regularly. =)

June 8, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I pledge to brush, floss, and rinse after every meal, and, of course, to visit the dentist more than twice a year, to make sure that my teeth are all in good condition. Prevention is better than cure, yes?

June 8, 2011 at 11:20 AM

my total care pledge is to call up my dentist and drop by her clinic to finally have my braces readjusted.

and yes of course to keep using listerine. :)

June 8, 2011 at 1:44 PM

I have been using Listerine for almost 20 years. I remember every time my dad comes home,he always have this big bottle of Listerine that he bought from abroad. Thought it was a soda when I was just a 5 year-old kid. I am so lucky that he teaches me how to gargle it, I didn't felt any sting on my mouth because he always mix a water to it.

Now that I have a healthy mouth because of Listerine, my total care pledge is to teach kids also to use Listerine for them to fight bacteria and prevent cavities. Dad shared me his knowledge using Listerine so I will spread also the right process of gargling Listerine.

Have a healthy breath! ^_^

June 8, 2011 at 3:04 PM

ako si, rhania escueta ay nangangakong aalagaang mabuti ang aking mga ngipin, simula ngayong araw na ito, ika-9 ng hunyo, 2011

bibisita sa dentista 2 beses isang taon para magpalinis ng ngipin, magsepilyo pagkatapos kumain, lalo na kapag tapos kumain ng paborito kong tsokolate at iba pang matamis..

at isasama ang bagong listerine sa aking wash kit ^_^

me and the bf frequently use listerine (yung blue) para healthy and teeth at breath ^_^

hugs and kisses
rhain

tweet: @rhaindropz

thanks edel for the link,

June 9, 2011 at 11:23 AM

I will try not to forget to use a mouthwash after brushing my teeth and not to forget the importance of flossing your teeth no matter how tired I am.

http://twitter.com/#!/chinky_baguette/status/78682470257655808

June 9, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Anonymous  

(Could you please disregard my initial post? :) I missed a word in one of the sentences. Reposting same pledge with the addition of the missing word.)

I brush (have you noticed that some have been recommending brushing teeth atleast twice a day as opposed to what we grew up with which was three or after every meal?), floss (my dentist got me started on it when I was in elementary.) and rinse. I actually have to gargle with mouthwash because I'm used to it already. I feel like there's something missing if I don't. I have to admit that I may have tried/used most of the mouthwash brands in the market. We have a bottle each in all our bathrooms. In fact, we have Listerine Fresh Citrus (orange) and Cool Mint (blue). I prefer Fresh Citrus because the taste ain't strong. Of all the Listerine flavors, I have yet to try Vanilla Mint and Total Care (you scared me with "I almost cried while gargling"). I have tried their Pocket Paks (oral care strips) too (They came free with the mouthwash.).If one will stick to the instructions at the back of the bottle, a 250ml won't last for a week.

I pledge to continue the habit. Just thinking of the fact that nothing can replace real teeth is enough to keep me from putting it off. Once compromised, speech, taste and chewing capacity are affected.

(sorry for the super long post)

tweet link: http://twitter.com/#!/salmoncat/status/79155600809926656

June 10, 2011 at 8:13 PM

Thank you to all who joined! Pwede pa humabol ang iba. Until 11:59 of June 11 po ang contest natin. :)

June 11, 2011 at 12:05 AM

Up to 11:59 PM. Just to be clear.Thanks! :)

June 11, 2011 at 12:06 AM
jen  

i visit my dentist every month
for readustment of my braces.
and i've seen that almost of the dentist uses listerine,and may mom also used it to.
so i think listerine is best to use cleaning teeth..haha..
so i have to use it to from now on,
to keep may teeth more cleaner?!haha

June 11, 2011 at 11:41 AM

Okay, I will start to use Total Oral Care by Listerine to maintain a very healthy oral care habit. I do this because I trust your word. Thanks for the post. God bless you always.

June 11, 2011 at 11:47 AM

I pledge to clean teeth with the toothbrush and toothpaste thoroughly

I pledge to clean up the oral cavity after every meal

I pledge to care about the interdental gaps

I pledge to attend the dentist regularly

I pledge to correct the system of eating

June 13, 2011 at 9:01 AM

tweeted it also

@rinoabrood

June 13, 2011 at 9:03 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails