In the Philippines, breast cancer is the second cause of death among women. It's sad that more and more people are getting this dreaded disease. And that until now, nothing can be done to cure it without causing so much pain and suffering to the affected person, physically, emotionally and financially speaking.

Just this morning when I opened my Facebook account, I learned that my former professor in UP Manila died of breast cancer. She was my History teacher and most probably the best in her league. She taught history like it was some kind of a compelling novel. Back then, learning history was a breeze for me. I have always loved history but I loved it more when she became my teacher. I would always look forward to her animated lectures. She was one of the rare breed of college professors who can effortlessly get and keep the attention of their students once they open their mouth.

Dr. Grace Estela C. Mateo, you will be sorely missed. Thank you, Ma'am, for everything. I will be forever grateful to you. I'm one of those people whose lives you had touched. I will never forget you. May your soul rest in peace.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 22 September 2010 at Wednesday, September 22, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , .

2 comments

Anonymous  

slamat sa mumunti pero malamang blog article para sa tita ko. it's been 2 months and we really miss her. hope she's fine wherever she's at.

December 1, 2010 at 1:25 AM

that's just my little tribute to her. may she rest in peace. :)

December 2, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails