I'm not one to make New Year's resolutions but here I am typing away not just my resolutions for 2010 but a wish list as well of the things (tangible and intangible) that I'd like to receive, acquire or achieve throughout the year of the metal tiger. I hope I become resolute enough to do my resolutions and vigorous enough to work for the realization of the things in my wishlist. So help me God.

2010 is Year of the Metal Tiger
RESOLUTIONS
1. Spend less and save more money. 2009 saw me spending left and right for things that were either unnecessary or just plain useless. I guess that's what normal people do when they get to have more than enough. But as a responsible adult, I shouldn't have done it. I have to be smarter in using my money. Otherwise, it will control me and I'll be a slave to it forever.
2. Donate to charity, do volunteer work or be religious. I doubt I can do all so I put an "or." I'll try hard to do at least one of these things. I have been blessed the past years and I think it's time to give back and share my blessings to the less fortunate. I don't care if I'm gonna lose my job in six months time, when the Philippine president relinquishes her throne.
3. Update my blogs more frequently. As a part-time blogger, I sometimes get lazy updating my blogs. Last year was my lowest in the update-your-blog scale. I got busy with other things and wasn't able to put content into my blogs as much as my heart wanted.
4. Eat, laugh and love more. Eat was an overused word of mine in 2009, literally and figuratively speaking. I blew up my weight lost goal and ate to my heart's content. I laughed alright but I think I could have laughed more. And in terms of love, I think I'm still in love with the same guy, Edwin, my boyfriend of five years and counting. Who knows we might seal our love and tie the knot this year! Haha.
5. Dress up more often. It's about time I stop filling my closets with clothes and wearing them. I know I'm a bummer when it comes to dressing up but on occasions that I do, I make sure I stand out. I love surprising myself on the many looks I can create and getting compliments from people whenever I try to look decent or sophisticated. Nothing beats feeling and looking good inside and out.
6. Reduce, reuse and recycle clothing. As I've said, I need to wear my clothes and not just let them hang in my closets and accumulate dirt. I also have tostop or reduce my shopping for clothes because I already have a lot. What I need to is try to mix and match my clothing to create new and more looks. I'm good at experimenting so I think I can do this.
7. Shop online only for things that are useful, needed or capable of making me happy. Online shopping is a great pastime. Libran that I am, I have an eye for beauty. I love staring at beautiful creations, may it be an accessory, a piece of clothing, a furniture or a sleek gadget. I usually lust for everything shiny, shimmering and splendid. When I have the money, I get myself one of these things as well.
8. Use my planner 'til the last page. Last year, I won a Starbucks Planner from an online contest but only used a portion of it. Yes, not even a quarter. I felt sad about it and promised myself to use my Belle de Jour Planner (my 2010 planner) 'til the last page. It's hard I know, but there's no harm in trying, ayt?
9. Be more considerate to other people and more sensitive to their feelings. I know sometimes I'm inconsiderate and put pressure to other people's shoulders but I guess I'm just either too concerned or afraid of committing mistakes, especially if it's about work and family matters. On sensitivity, I think I'm sensitive and insensitive at the same time. To those that I've hurt last year through my words or my actions, I ask for forgiveness. I'll try to be gentle next time. And I'll think before I speak.
10. Be sweeter and more thoughtful. I'm a self-confessed forgetful person. (I really hope I don't acquire Alzheimer's when I get old!) Perhaps, that's the reason why I'm not good at dates. I'm also not showy. When I care about you, I don't say it. I just do things discreetly to make you feel I care.I plan to change all that this year. And I hope I succeed by being sweeter and more thoughtful to those people dear to me.
11. Spend more time with my family. This I'm confident I can easily do. This year, my family and I will all be together. Remember our Naic house? My parents will live there soon. And the four of us siblings will continue to stay here in Manila for work and study. But we'll all see each other on weekends in Cavite. Life is good. Life is awesome. I can't wait for that time to come.
12. Stop cluttering my workplace, the boyfriend's room and our house. This is one of my little dark secrets and it's only now that I'm opening up. I'm not OC when it comes to cleanliness. I can work in a messy place and my productivity doesn't get affected, at all. I only clean up when it's too dirty or I just got sick and want to freshen up my surroundings a bit for me to get back to my productive and lively self. I'm so glad my mom knows, tolerates and understands this little bad practice of mine. That or the fact that she's just away and cannot dictate on me. Whatever. Anyway, I have realized that I'm a big girl now and need not accumulate dirt of any kind. So as a resolution, I plan to declutter soon. Perhaps, tomorrow?
13. Cook more often and experiment on new dishes. My family knows I love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. My experiments are usually well-received. Kudos to me. Though I am not enrolling in any advanced cooking class in this lifetime just because I don't plan to become a chef/cook, I still think I have to cook more often than last year. Oh and how I love pasta! I will surely cook more pasta dishes this year.
14. Stop binge-eating and go back to 118. Well, I used to be weighing 118 lbs. It was the lightest weight I've attained in 2009. Sadly, I'm now a miserable 128-pounder, 10 pounds bigger than my old self. Which is very, very sad. Thanks to my big appetite and my constant thirst to try out new restaurants. But I'd like to believe this is just temporary and that soon, I'll be back to 118. No, I will work to realize that! Try me.
15. Work hard and play harder. This has been sort of my mantra. I guess I was able to follow this last year but since life is continuous, I might as well continue to live with this in mind. Easy.
16. Read more books, watch more movies and continue to explore the Internet to expand my horizons. This is a very personal but oh so pleasurable resolution. I can't wait to start!
17. Start the day with a big smile. I always do this. We should all do this. It feels good. It lightens up my day. It induces happy thoughts. It makes me excited about life every single day. Try it tomorrow if you've never done it before.
18. Do not take life so seriously. Sometimes I do. It's hard not to. But I will try. I'm actually a worrier. I always think about the future. I always want to feel secured especially when it comes to my family's future. I always want to have enough, if not more.
19. Stop my bag and shoe obsessions. They're my current objects of lust. Very costly I know, that's why I plan to stop no matter how hard it is to get myself to actually do it. Funny but my bag and shoe acquisitions usually end up with me not being able to use them. Or when I do, it's only once or twice and they (bags and pairs of shoes) would just die a silent death.
20. Take better care of myself. This means getting annual medical checkup and eating healthy. Actually, I have long been planning to removed pork and soda in my diet. I've done it before but only for a couple of months. I went back to eating pork and drinking soda and I regretted my decision. This year, hopefully, I get to eliminate them on my diet. Determination, I need lots of this.
21. Live simply and happily. Happiness is a state of mind. Happiness is a choice. I'm a firm believer that simplicity equates to happiness. The simplest of things are actually what makes you and me happy. Have you ever thought about that?
WISH LIST
a new running/walking shoes
a new white cardigan
a new white walking shorts
a new white pants
an HP Mini
a basic photography class
a bead Jewelry-Making Workshop by Em Mariano
an online business (bead or clay-based jewelry perhaps)
a multi-cab (service vehicle for our Cavite home)
visit to Enchanted Kingdom
trip to Batanes
trip to Ilocos
trip to Boracay
trip to Palawan
trip to Tagaytay
trip to Singapore or Hong Kong
Image Credit: http://cr0quis.deviantart.com
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

RESOLUTIONS
1. Spend less and save more money. 2009 saw me spending left and right for things that were either unnecessary or just plain useless. I guess that's what normal people do when they get to have more than enough. But as a responsible adult, I shouldn't have done it. I have to be smarter in using my money. Otherwise, it will control me and I'll be a slave to it forever.
2. Donate to charity, do volunteer work or be religious. I doubt I can do all so I put an "or." I'll try hard to do at least one of these things. I have been blessed the past years and I think it's time to give back and share my blessings to the less fortunate. I don't care if I'm gonna lose my job in six months time, when the Philippine president relinquishes her throne.
3. Update my blogs more frequently. As a part-time blogger, I sometimes get lazy updating my blogs. Last year was my lowest in the update-your-blog scale. I got busy with other things and wasn't able to put content into my blogs as much as my heart wanted.
4. Eat, laugh and love more. Eat was an overused word of mine in 2009, literally and figuratively speaking. I blew up my weight lost goal and ate to my heart's content. I laughed alright but I think I could have laughed more. And in terms of love, I think I'm still in love with the same guy, Edwin, my boyfriend of five years and counting. Who knows we might seal our love and tie the knot this year! Haha.
5. Dress up more often. It's about time I stop filling my closets with clothes and wearing them. I know I'm a bummer when it comes to dressing up but on occasions that I do, I make sure I stand out. I love surprising myself on the many looks I can create and getting compliments from people whenever I try to look decent or sophisticated. Nothing beats feeling and looking good inside and out.
6. Reduce, reuse and recycle clothing. As I've said, I need to wear my clothes and not just let them hang in my closets and accumulate dirt. I also have to
7. Shop online only for things that are useful, needed or capable of making me happy. Online shopping is a great pastime. Libran that I am, I have an eye for beauty. I love staring at beautiful creations, may it be an accessory, a piece of clothing, a furniture or a sleek gadget. I usually lust for everything shiny, shimmering and splendid. When I have the money, I get myself one of these things as well.
8. Use my planner 'til the last page. Last year, I won a Starbucks Planner from an online contest but only used a portion of it. Yes, not even a quarter. I felt sad about it and promised myself to use my Belle de Jour Planner (my 2010 planner) 'til the last page. It's hard I know, but there's no harm in trying, ayt?
9. Be more considerate to other people and more sensitive to their feelings. I know sometimes I'm inconsiderate and put pressure to other people's shoulders but I guess I'm just either too concerned or afraid of committing mistakes, especially if it's about work and family matters. On sensitivity, I think I'm sensitive and insensitive at the same time. To those that I've hurt last year through my words or my actions, I ask for forgiveness. I'll try to be gentle next time. And I'll think before I speak.
10. Be sweeter and more thoughtful. I'm a self-confessed forgetful person. (I really hope I don't acquire Alzheimer's when I get old!) Perhaps, that's the reason why I'm not good at dates. I'm also not showy. When I care about you, I don't say it. I just do things discreetly to make you feel I care.I plan to change all that this year. And I hope I succeed by being sweeter and more thoughtful to those people dear to me.
11. Spend more time with my family. This I'm confident I can easily do. This year, my family and I will all be together. Remember our Naic house? My parents will live there soon. And the four of us siblings will continue to stay here in Manila for work and study. But we'll all see each other on weekends in Cavite. Life is good. Life is awesome. I can't wait for that time to come.
12. Stop cluttering my workplace, the boyfriend's room and our house. This is one of my little dark secrets and it's only now that I'm opening up. I'm not OC when it comes to cleanliness. I can work in a messy place and my productivity doesn't get affected, at all. I only clean up when it's too dirty or I just got sick and want to freshen up my surroundings a bit for me to get back to my productive and lively self. I'm so glad my mom knows, tolerates and understands this little bad practice of mine. That or the fact that she's just away and cannot dictate on me. Whatever. Anyway, I have realized that I'm a big girl now and need not accumulate dirt of any kind. So as a resolution, I plan to declutter soon. Perhaps, tomorrow?
13. Cook more often and experiment on new dishes. My family knows I love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen. My experiments are usually well-received. Kudos to me. Though I am not enrolling in any advanced cooking class in this lifetime just because I don't plan to become a chef/cook, I still think I have to cook more often than last year. Oh and how I love pasta! I will surely cook more pasta dishes this year.
14. Stop binge-eating and go back to 118. Well, I used to be weighing 118 lbs. It was the lightest weight I've attained in 2009. Sadly, I'm now a miserable 128-pounder, 10 pounds bigger than my old self. Which is very, very sad. Thanks to my big appetite and my constant thirst to try out new restaurants. But I'd like to believe this is just temporary and that soon, I'll be back to 118. No, I will work to realize that! Try me.
15. Work hard and play harder. This has been sort of my mantra. I guess I was able to follow this last year but since life is continuous, I might as well continue to live with this in mind. Easy.
16. Read more books, watch more movies and continue to explore the Internet to expand my horizons. This is a very personal but oh so pleasurable resolution. I can't wait to start!
17. Start the day with a big smile. I always do this. We should all do this. It feels good. It lightens up my day. It induces happy thoughts. It makes me excited about life every single day. Try it tomorrow if you've never done it before.
18. Do not take life so seriously. Sometimes I do. It's hard not to. But I will try. I'm actually a worrier. I always think about the future. I always want to feel secured especially when it comes to my family's future. I always want to have enough, if not more.
19. Stop my bag and shoe obsessions. They're my current objects of lust. Very costly I know, that's why I plan to stop no matter how hard it is to get myself to actually do it. Funny but my bag and shoe acquisitions usually end up with me not being able to use them. Or when I do, it's only once or twice and they (bags and pairs of shoes) would just die a silent death.
20. Take better care of myself. This means getting annual medical checkup and eating healthy. Actually, I have long been planning to removed pork and soda in my diet. I've done it before but only for a couple of months. I went back to eating pork and drinking soda and I regretted my decision. This year, hopefully, I get to eliminate them on my diet. Determination, I need lots of this.
21. Live simply and happily. Happiness is a state of mind. Happiness is a choice. I'm a firm believer that simplicity equates to happiness. The simplest of things are actually what makes you and me happy. Have you ever thought about that?
WISH LIST
a new running/walking shoes
a new white cardigan
a new white walking shorts
a new white pants
an HP Mini
a basic photography class
a bead Jewelry-Making Workshop by Em Mariano
an online business (bead or clay-based jewelry perhaps)
a multi-cab (service vehicle for our Cavite home)
visit to Enchanted Kingdom
trip to Batanes
trip to Ilocos
trip to Boracay
trip to Palawan
trip to Tagaytay
trip to Singapore or Hong Kong
Image Credit: http://cr0quis.deviantart.com
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 11 January 2010
at Monday, January 11, 2010
and is filed under
2010 Acquisitions,
2010 Resolutions,
2010 Wish List,
City Life,
Life and Living,
Luxuries,
Needs,
New Me,
Personal Plans,
Personal Reflections,
Things I Want,
Wants
.




