Thoughts of a 26-Year Old  

Posted by edelweiza in , , ,

Today is my birthday and I can't help but feel happy and grateful. Life has been great in the last two decades. No problems of any kind were left unresolved, no major plans left hanging in the air. Everything was dealt with in a logical manner and with a strong sense of independence and faith.

I owe what I have become today to my family and friends, who have seen me during the lowest and the highest points in my short but continuing life. Thank you so much for all your love, patience and understanding. You know who you are.

I can't believe I'm this old. Yeah, for me two decades and six years isn't young anymore. But this doesn't mean I'm living a boring life. No, that's the least I'd ever want. I will continue to love life and live normally, giving love to myself and to others whenever I get the chance.

While my responsibilities keep piling up, I am happy to note that I have made some "remarkable" achievements in the past year. The most important of them is my having been able to send my brother to college. He has recently earned a degree and is now trying to be as independent as I am after landing his first job in government service more than a month ago. I hope he remains strong and passionate in what he does.

My plans for myself are mostly short-term but little by little, I know I am going there. To the point where I know what I really want for myself. I'm glad Edwin is there to remind me not to rush things. My ever-dependable beau is always there whenever I'd need him. And he's never asked for something in return for the favors he's done for me. Thank you bot (our term of endearment).

Marriage. This is one subject that people never stop asking me about. At this point, I can say we already have plans but we're still thinking about the right time to do it. Who knows if it would be earlier than you guys all expected, huh? I wish I had the answer to your question but so far, I don't. Maybe this year things will get clearer. I'll update you. Haha.

Right now, all I think is my family. I want them settled first. Our house in Naic, Cavite is showing signs of development. I talked to the developer last weekend and it seems we can have it early next year, just in time for my mother and sister's arrival in Manila.

Money. This year, I believe I will need to save more. I am trying to be as optimistic as possible. God will provide, yes? I know He will. But just as He is eternally gracious, I know I will have to do my part, too. So yeah, I will work harder and harder for that. I'm glad my brother is now earning and can already contribute to household expenses. This is one big load taken off my shoulders.

God is good. I know He will grant all my heart's desires in His own godly time. I just have to keep my faith in Him.

Thank you dear God for this birthday of mine. :)


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 12 October 2009 at Monday, October 12, 2009 and is filed under , , , .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails