The recent typhoon made me real sad because it left our country devastated and our people helpless. I am particularly sad about what happened to my PC. I am referring to the PC I use in the office. Our workplace got inundated along with our entire office building during the onset of the typhoon. My CPU got soaked in the flood. I immediately had it sent to our IT division for technical support.

Right now, I am worried about my PC’s fate. I am concerned about my files which I am not sure if I could still recover. If the hard disk doesn’t get detected, how could I retrieve my files? If worse comes to worst, I’ll have to redo all my worksheets, letters, memos and reports. I am trying not to lose hope. And somehow, I am blaming myself for not backing up my files.

The incident reminds of what had happened to a friend who didn’t bother to back up his hard drive. He was maintaining several sites and using them to make money online. He had this web hosting provider that he was paying at a minimum cost and whose service he was very much satisfied. Until one day when the said web hosting provider suddenly disappeared into thin air. He was intentionally left in the dark. The content of his blogs went missing. He didn’t know what to do. He looked for the web hosting provider and tried to contact them but to no avail.

Unfortunately, he didn’t have any back-ups. And so, he had to start all over again. The moral of the story? Always back-up your files. And yes, when getting a cheap web hosting, make sure you know the provider well. This means you have checked that the company’s online reputation is okay and it has never been involved in any illegal activities.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 29 September 2009 at Tuesday, September 29, 2009 and is filed under , , , , .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails