I just finished installing the popular LinkWithin widget in this blog. LinkWithin is a blog widget that allows you to show related posts with thumbnails in your blog. I believe the rationale behind this is to make your readers stay longer in your blog by giving them easy access to articles that may catch their fancy or interest.
It took some time for me before incorporating LinkWithin into this particular blog of mine. (My food blog and budget shopping blog have been enjoying the LinkWithin magic for months now.) It's because not all my posts here have photos and I thought it won't go well with the LinkWithin widget. But as you can see, I was wrong.

The past days, I noticed that whenever I blog hop to blogs with LinkWithin widgets, I tend to stay longer and read more posts there. The big difference is evident in blogs that do not have LinkWithin widgets as I tend to go to the first blog on the blogroll after reading just one post. That is because I don't see thumbnails with nice titles/teasers that catch my attention. So yeah, to engage readers in your blog, I think it's a great idea to use the LinkWithin widget. They provide the much-needed 'eye candy' to blogs and encourage visitors to read your posts and not just scan your blog's content.
You can get you're own LinkWithin widget at www.linkwithin.com. No sign-ups needed. You just type your blog url there and choose your platform and the number of stories you want to show in your blog. For this particular blog, I chose five stories because it fits well with my layout, aesthetically speaking.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
It took some time for me before incorporating LinkWithin into this particular blog of mine. (My food blog and budget shopping blog have been enjoying the LinkWithin magic for months now.) It's because not all my posts here have photos and I thought it won't go well with the LinkWithin widget. But as you can see, I was wrong.

The past days, I noticed that whenever I blog hop to blogs with LinkWithin widgets, I tend to stay longer and read more posts there. The big difference is evident in blogs that do not have LinkWithin widgets as I tend to go to the first blog on the blogroll after reading just one post. That is because I don't see thumbnails with nice titles/teasers that catch my attention. So yeah, to engage readers in your blog, I think it's a great idea to use the LinkWithin widget. They provide the much-needed 'eye candy' to blogs and encourage visitors to read your posts and not just scan your blog's content.
You can get you're own LinkWithin widget at www.linkwithin.com. No sign-ups needed. You just type your blog url there and choose your platform and the number of stories you want to show in your blog. For this particular blog, I chose five stories because it fits well with my layout, aesthetically speaking.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 25 September 2009
at Friday, September 25, 2009
and is filed under
Blog Reading,
Blog Traffic,
Increase Visitors to Your Blog,
Linkwithin,
Linkwithin Widget
.




