Majority of the Filipinos have limited access to quality health care. There's no denying that. In first world countries such as Great Britain, Germany, Canada and the United States, health care is not as big a problem as in the Philippines where a large portion of the poor's income goes to medical expenses (e.g. medicines, hospitalizations, etc.) and only the wealthy can afford quality health care. While I was happy about the passing into law of the Cheaper Medicines Act of 2008 in our country, I can't help but be optimistic (albeit a little envious) on the Health Care Reform Bill being pushed by the Democrats under the backing of US President Barack Obama himself. Primarily, it seeks to improve the health care system of the United States and provide health care coverage to 40 million uninsured Americans. If this bill gets enacted into law, it will make a big difference in their lives.
So, what are the proposals of this health care reform? Have you seen the full text of the bill? I heard you can't finish reading and understand it fully in one sitting as it's 1017 pages long. But if you're curious and patient enough, get full access to the Health Care Reform Bill of 2009 here.
I really hope something as beneficial as this health care reform happens in my own country, and that every Filipino can avail of it. Oh well, the 2010 presidential elections is fast-approaching in the Philippines. I wonder who among the many presidentiables included health care in their platforms. And if they did, what are their concrete plans to give us the quality health care that we so rightfully deserve?
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
So, what are the proposals of this health care reform? Have you seen the full text of the bill? I heard you can't finish reading and understand it fully in one sitting as it's 1017 pages long. But if you're curious and patient enough, get full access to the Health Care Reform Bill of 2009 here.
I really hope something as beneficial as this health care reform happens in my own country, and that every Filipino can avail of it. Oh well, the 2010 presidential elections is fast-approaching in the Philippines. I wonder who among the many presidentiables included health care in their platforms. And if they did, what are their concrete plans to give us the quality health care that we so rightfully deserve?
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 13 August 2009
at Thursday, August 13, 2009
and is filed under
Health Care Reform,
Health Care Reform 2009,
Health Care Reform Issues,
Health Care Reform Obama,
Health Care Reform Proposals
.




