I just came home from La Cocina de Tita Moning. There was only one group tonight and they left earlier than I expected. The only adult guy in the group who served as the host that evening was a businessman based in the United States. I learned he was into marketing and sales. He seemed good at what he does, this I based from the way his guests listened and commented to his stories. After finishing their meal, the group chatted for several minutes before leaving the restaurant. The host shared some valuable business lessons (on marketing and sales) to his friends and one of them stuck in my mind.
Let me quote what he said so I could give the credit due him:
As we all know, money is expendable. It disappears faster than we get it. In my personal experience, money comes and goes. Sometimes, when I get to earn more, a miscellaneous expense would come out from nowhere and take all the money I intend to save. In my life as a breadwinner, I always think where I can get extra money. Most of the time, I'd expect to get this much but end up getting lesser than it. The opposite applies to the bills I have to pay each month (e.g. phone, credit card, utilities, etc.). Oftentimes, the bills are higher than what I wanted them to be. Definitely, the businessman's words ring true.
Do you know of other business lessons that apply to the daily life of ordinary individuals like me? Share it here and let us learn together. :)
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Let me quote what he said so I could give the credit due him:
"The money you expect to earn is a dollar less and a day late. The money that you have to pay is always a dollar more and a day early."
As we all know, money is expendable. It disappears faster than we get it. In my personal experience, money comes and goes. Sometimes, when I get to earn more, a miscellaneous expense would come out from nowhere and take all the money I intend to save. In my life as a breadwinner, I always think where I can get extra money. Most of the time, I'd expect to get this much but end up getting lesser than it. The opposite applies to the bills I have to pay each month (e.g. phone, credit card, utilities, etc.). Oftentimes, the bills are higher than what I wanted them to be. Definitely, the businessman's words ring true.
Do you know of other business lessons that apply to the daily life of ordinary individuals like me? Share it here and let us learn together. :)
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 11 August 2009
at Tuesday, August 11, 2009
and is filed under
Business Lessons,
Daily Life,
Money and Finances,
Personal Reflections
.




