I opened a savings account with Banco de Oro (a.k.a the SM Bank) last year and am still maintaining it with them to this day. I chose the one with a corresponding ATM card for convenience. While the interest rate of less than one percent annually isn't worth it, somehow I am consoled by the idea that I have some money being kept at the bank which I can withdraw anytime when the need arises.
BDO Savings Account
Interest Rate: .625% per annum
Initial Deposit: P5,000
Maintaining Balance to Earn Interest: P5,000
Penalty Charge: P200 per month
(this is when the account balance is below the imposed maintaining balance of the bank)
Bank Charge: P11
(this is when you withdraw money from your ATM card through a non-BDO automated teller machine)
Do you have a savings account? With what bank?
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
BDO Savings Account
Interest Rate: .625% per annum
Initial Deposit: P5,000
Maintaining Balance to Earn Interest: P5,000
Penalty Charge: P200 per month
(this is when the account balance is below the imposed maintaining balance of the bank)
Bank Charge: P11
(this is when you withdraw money from your ATM card through a non-BDO automated teller machine)
Do you have a savings account? With what bank?
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 26 August 2009
at Wednesday, August 26, 2009
and is filed under
Banking,
BDO,
BDO Products and Services,
BDO Savings Account
.




