Last night, a bad weather visited the metro and left our cities chilling and its people preventing themselves from leaving the bed today. When it rains, sleeping becomes more enjoyable. You get free aircon and background music. The blanket and the pillows suddenly become extra accommodating, the bed widens like an opened gate. Everything in your surroundings is inviting you to go into a deeper slumber. But then reality knocks, you have to get up and go to work.

While I definitely abhor tardiness, the tempting invitation to get tardy for a day is always there. It is really up to the person if he will listen to this urge or not. I'm a hypocrite if I'd say I haven't surrendered myself to tardiness at several points in my life. I think every human being has.

This morning, I'm glad I wasn't late at work. It's true when they say that everyday is a challenge and so you really have to rise above the difficulties presented to you on a daily basis.

PAG-ASA (the Philippine's official weather bureau) has released its latest update a while ago informing the public that typhoon Isang remains to threaten extreme Northern Luzon. Given that, Manila is spared already from the strong winds. Temperature today is set from 23 to 28 degrees in Celsius.

I have a sort of side job tonight and I'll have to travel (a long walk and a jeepney ride) to do it. I hope the heavy rains stop now. Drizzles are fine with me. Oh please, just this one time...


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 17 July 2009 at Friday, July 17, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , , .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails