You may have already heard their music online or watched their music video on YouTube. This band, which is composed of three guys with Filipino-British origins, is known to the music scene as Firefalldown. Together, Jon Blaylock(vocals/guitar), Joel Sablayan (bassist) and Andrew Hodgson (drummer) create inspiring music with metal, UK indie rock and skate punk influences, among others. I said inspiring because their songs (I've heard five so far) often leave me reflecting about my life, my dreams and my purpose in this world.
As the breadwinner in the family, I sometimes feel down and want to give up. What with all the responsibilities and problems I have to deal with everyday. But Firefalldown's music is always kind and friendly, albeit its loudness (technically speaking). I particularly like their song entitled "Dear Mom and Dad" because it reminds me of the true meaning of family as well as the love and admiration I have for my parents.
Dear mom and dad I wanna give back
These words they hear because of you
Dear mom and dad I wanna give back
These dreams they breathe because of you
You see, my parents have been both out of work since 2000. From then on, I have been the one who send my three siblings to school. It's hard but I am persevering. I just tasted the fruit of my labor when my brother graduated from college two months ago. I offered that achievement to my parents. I know my brother did the same. My siblings and I know deep within our hearts that my parents did everything to give us a better life. We are eternally grateful because they raised us all well. We know we owe them what we have become as a person today.

with my brother on his Graduation Day
Now before I get too emotional here, why don't you guys just join the Firefalldown promo dubbed as "Be Inspired and Win an iTouch." This is actually my entry there. All you have to do is to follow these three easy steps as adapted from their website:
On a related note, you can listen anytime to Firefalldown music videos on their website. And in case you don't know yet, Firefalldown Album “Commissioned” is out now! Download in Itunes or Amazon!
As the breadwinner in the family, I sometimes feel down and want to give up. What with all the responsibilities and problems I have to deal with everyday. But Firefalldown's music is always kind and friendly, albeit its loudness (technically speaking). I particularly like their song entitled "Dear Mom and Dad" because it reminds me of the true meaning of family as well as the love and admiration I have for my parents.
Dear mom and dad I wanna give back
These words they hear because of you
Dear mom and dad I wanna give back
These dreams they breathe because of you
You see, my parents have been both out of work since 2000. From then on, I have been the one who send my three siblings to school. It's hard but I am persevering. I just tasted the fruit of my labor when my brother graduated from college two months ago. I offered that achievement to my parents. I know my brother did the same. My siblings and I know deep within our hearts that my parents did everything to give us a better life. We are eternally grateful because they raised us all well. We know we owe them what we have become as a person today.

Now before I get too emotional here, why don't you guys just join the Firefalldown promo dubbed as "Be Inspired and Win an iTouch." This is actually my entry there. All you have to do is to follow these three easy steps as adapted from their website:
1. Write, in your blogs or social-network-site, about how Firefalldown’s music connects with your life and insert pictures that best encapsulates the experience;
2. Link the word "firefalldown promo" to the URL
(www.firefalldown.com) in your blog.
3. And send us the link to your blog at
firefalldowninspirepromo@gmail.com
On a related note, you can listen anytime to Firefalldown music videos on their website. And in case you don't know yet, Firefalldown Album “Commissioned” is out now! Download in Itunes or Amazon!
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 20 June 2009
at Saturday, June 20, 2009
and is filed under
Firefalldown,
UK Music
.




