It didn't take long before Filipino boxing champ Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao won over Oscar "Golden Boy" De la Hoya at what critics dubbed as "the dream match." At 8th round, Dela Hoya finally gave in to Pacquiao's exceptional speed, agility and precision. The Mexican fighter surrendered with a swelling left eye to the delight of Pacquiao's supporters inside the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. In the Philippines and possibly in every corner of the world where Filipino communities are based, everyone is rejoicing.
The biggest boxing fight of the year is over. Once again, Pacquiao has shown to the world that he is really the king of the ring. Obviously, De la Hoya's size advantage has been obliterated. Pacquiao showed unmatched speed and strength that caught his opponent in the welterweight division off-guard.
I watched the fight live via pay-per-view at SM-Manila with Edwin a while ago. I was screaming all the time. The fight was exciting. It was noisy inside the cinema we were in. People couldn't control their emotions. Each punch thrown by Pacquiao that went straight to Dela Hoya's face was a reason for a loud cheer. I enjoyed the moment and let go of my emotions as well. After all, it was a match well-fought by Pacquiao. I was watching attentively when De la Hoya finally surrendered and Pacquiao jumped for victory. I had fun watching the much-anticipated boxing match of 2008 the entire time. Not bad for a P550 ticket.
During the interview, De la Hoya was full of praises for Pacquiao. I cannot help but admire the guy. He's humble and knows when to give credits. He said he gave his best and trained hard but Pacquiao was a better man. Pacquiao, on the other hand, was grateful to God and shared his victory with his fellowmen. He was also honest enough to tell the world that De la Hoya remains his idol. But De la Hoya was quick to reply back that it's the other way around as he now idolizes the boxing champ. Nice.
Congratulations Manny Pacquiao for yet another great achievement in boxing! Indeed, it was a well-deserved victory. Once again, you made our country and our people proud.
God bless the Philippines! :)
Photo Credit: http://www.inquirer.net
The biggest boxing fight of the year is over. Once again, Pacquiao has shown to the world that he is really the king of the ring. Obviously, De la Hoya's size advantage has been obliterated. Pacquiao showed unmatched speed and strength that caught his opponent in the welterweight division off-guard.
I watched the fight live via pay-per-view at SM-Manila with Edwin a while ago. I was screaming all the time. The fight was exciting. It was noisy inside the cinema we were in. People couldn't control their emotions. Each punch thrown by Pacquiao that went straight to Dela Hoya's face was a reason for a loud cheer. I enjoyed the moment and let go of my emotions as well. After all, it was a match well-fought by Pacquiao. I was watching attentively when De la Hoya finally surrendered and Pacquiao jumped for victory. I had fun watching the much-anticipated boxing match of 2008 the entire time. Not bad for a P550 ticket.
During the interview, De la Hoya was full of praises for Pacquiao. I cannot help but admire the guy. He's humble and knows when to give credits. He said he gave his best and trained hard but Pacquiao was a better man. Pacquiao, on the other hand, was grateful to God and shared his victory with his fellowmen. He was also honest enough to tell the world that De la Hoya remains his idol. But De la Hoya was quick to reply back that it's the other way around as he now idolizes the boxing champ. Nice.
Congratulations Manny Pacquiao for yet another great achievement in boxing! Indeed, it was a well-deserved victory. Once again, you made our country and our people proud.
God bless the Philippines! :)
Photo Credit: http://www.inquirer.net
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 07 December 2008
at Sunday, December 07, 2008
and is filed under
Boxing,
Boxing Champ,
Boxing Results,
Filipino,
Manny Pacquiao,
Oscar de la Hoya,
Philippines,
Sports,
Victory,
Video Streaming
.





