I Died...in My Brother's Dream!  

Posted by edelweiza in , ,

My brother, who is 20 years of age, has always been emotional. He speaks his mind all the time and that's what I admire most about him. He's cheerful but frank, even to the point of tactlessness sometimes. A sister like me can only wish to get along with him so well. Yes, we fight on occasions and argue about random things regularly. But the fact remains, he's my brother and I love him to the bones.

Just this morning, I was awakened by his voice calling out my name. In a split of a second, he walked up to me and hugged me tight. I was clueless and hugged him back. I waited for him to talk. In a shaky voice, he said that he's just had a bad dream. In it, a ship had sunk and I'm one of the casualties. Even if he learned later that it was just a dream, he still got affected. He cried hard and I watched silently as he let go of his emotions.

He said he couldn't afford to lose me. That he loves me so much. That the idea of me dying has never crossed his mind. That he still cannot be the breadwinner of the family just yet. He was so emotional that I cried with him. Somehow, I can relate to how he felt that time. I did everything to my power to console him. I said it was okay and it was all going to be fine. That I'm not dying anytime soon. I assured him also that what happens in dreams are usually the opposite of what's going to happen in the future. Minutes later, he felt relieved and went about his business for the day.

My brother must really love me. I was moved.

It was only a bad dream, I know. But the more I thought of it, the more I got anxious. Suddenly, I thought about my own death and how it could affect my family and possibly all the people who value me. Then I realized I'm not dying soon. Or so I believe. To calm myself, I said a little prayer before leaving the house for work.

Have you ever had a bad dream? If yes, did you get affected by it?

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 17 December 2008 at Wednesday, December 17, 2008 and is filed under , , .

19 comments

When I was young, my mom dreamt of me dying for so many times!!! Here I am, in God's grace, still alive. :D

December 17, 2008 at 10:45 PM

That's what I know too: that dreams are supposed to be the opposite of reality, so I guess you'd be around for a long time. It is scary, though, to know that somebody close to you had dreamt of your death.

I probably would have cried too kung nakita ko yung scene na yun nagiiyakan kayong magkapataid. Sa narration mo pa lang, na-teary eyed na ako,e h. Yuck! Crybaby...

December 18, 2008 at 3:02 AM

i was teary-eyed while reading the post. imagining how danison cried while telling you about his dream really touched me. i also can't afford to lose a friend like you... that's the truth.

i pray to God that He always takes care of you.

(Ano ba yan? Totoong naluluha na ako!!! Kakainis tong post mo, superf... di ko na mapigil pagluha ko)

December 18, 2008 at 7:10 AM

I had once.. it was so real that I thought it was true...and great thing,after I woke up I realized what was the most important in your life.

December 18, 2008 at 9:18 AM
Anonymous  

EDEL! *squeeze*

He has many more great plans for your life; this I know. You have a passionate, loving brother; that's awesome!

I love you friend. (=-

The best is yet to come!

December 18, 2008 at 2:17 PM

@elizabeth: oh, that must be difficult for your mom.yeah, you're alive and that's great to know. :)

@joe: yeah, i hope so.thanks. haha, naiyak talaga ako sa kapatid ko. paglapit nya sa akin, umiiyak na sya. di sya nakapagsalita agad kasi umiiyak na nga sya. ok lang maging crybaby paminsan-minsan...hehe.

@nicely: haha, sorry to hear that superf.oo nga naman, iyakin ka nga rin pala. thanks for d kind words. kilalang kilala mo si son db, kaya tama kayang kaya mo nga imaginin yung mga nangyari. :)

@cyra miles valdez: you're right. at least we get to wake up after a bad dream and go on to start a new day. life is really mysterious. :)

@teddy: thanks big brother.your words never fail to make me feel better. :)

December 18, 2008 at 2:39 PM

sobrang bad minsan nung napanaginipan ko...at nagkatotoo...muntik ko nang sirain yung buhay ko dahil dun. hehe.

sa huli...na-realize kong ang mistake ko lang pala ay hindi ko na-entrust ang dream na yun kay God.

December 18, 2008 at 5:30 PM

don't worry, kabaligtaran yan! :)

it goes to show how much he loves you, super affected sya. ang bait mo kasing Ate. :)

December 18, 2008 at 7:19 PM

OMG...I have these dreams about my closest loved ones all the time and it leaves me so depressed. They are only dreams, but it should also be a wake up call to everyone involved to cherish the moments that you have together because the reality is that we all will one day pass on to another world.

December 19, 2008 at 4:39 AM

while reading this post, i empathized with danison... naimagine ko rin kasi na "namatay ka..." and i just couldn't help but cry.

December 19, 2008 at 6:32 AM

@buzzing flowerpecker: ah grabe naman. pero tama ka, dapat ientrust lahat kay God. :)

@trx d: yep, this is already part of the past and should not worry me.thanks. i'm lucky to have my brother. :)

@stripper.attitude: i can't agree more.very true. :)

@nicely: awwww, don't make me cry, too, superf. :)

December 19, 2008 at 8:36 AM

naku, ako un tatay ko. We're not like father and daughter tandem we often quarrel about so MANY things pero naloka ako nun mapanaginipan ko un na he died nmn. 't'was so TRUE to LIFE tlga. AS IN! pero nothings changed. haha.. we still fight and give love at the end of the day. BUHAY nga naman. haha..

December 19, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Dreams are dreams and they should never affect us negatively. Maybe the Lord sent the dream to your brother so that he will realize how much he should value your presence in his life. All of us have an allotted time from the Lord and no amount of dreams can ever alter that. Just trust in the Lord and you will always have peace of mind that nothing can ever harm you. Thanks for the post. God bless you always. Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to you and your loved ones.

Mel of Filipinos UNite!!!

December 19, 2008 at 7:20 PM

@mee-I: hehe, didn't know aso't pusa pala kayong mag-ama.but yeah, you're right...at the end of the day tatay mo pa rin sya at anak ka nya...at marerealize mo lambingan nyo lng pala yon sa isa't-isa..hehe. :)

@mel alarilla: sadly, it's easier said than done. dreams (bad or good) do affect me. hmmm...i like that. at least he'll love me more now. haha. correct, we should always lift everything to God. thanks for the greetings. likewise, merry Xmas and happy New year to you and your family! :)

P.S. once again, Filipinos Unite!!!

December 20, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Anonymous  

nakakatakot. :(

your brother loves you indeed. i can just imagine when he walked up to you and hugged you tight. Sweet!

December 22, 2008 at 8:08 AM


GiggleYohooOOooOOoo
!! ur post was so horrible. Pero I know Eds is an immortal person, di yan mamatay kc puno yan ng mission sa buhay nya..misyon na magiging posible sa lahat. Viva! Edel. Viva! Edel. Viva! Edel. btw, i've had also a dream last night about not winning a lotto. I know dreams are just the opposite of it. So, im pretty sure that this year I will win a lotto..wahahaa..nice dream!
www.GiggleYohoo.com
onlinetours.blogspot.com

December 22, 2008 at 9:30 AM

also, may dream pala ako nuon. masaya ako sa dream ko. badtrip nga lang kc biglang naputol yung dream ko..alam nyo ba kung bakit? nagising ako sa hilik (snore) ko. badtrip tlaga! pinilit kung matulog ulit pero di na ako makatulog dahil sa sobrang ingay ng hilik ko...wahahahaha!! magpakasaya kayoOOOooOOOOoo!!

www.GiggleYohoo.com
onlinetours.blogspot.com

December 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Ayoko ng ganyan... Hehe! Takot ako sa ganyan... Just pray... Kay God pa rin naman....

Merry Christmas Edel....

December 22, 2008 at 10:19 PM

@joycee: yep, somehow it (tight hug) felt good. :)

@intel828cc: haha, patawa ka naman lagi eh.oo sana manalo ka nga sa lotto tpos balatuhan mo ko ha.kung hinde..lagot ka sa akin! :)

@lionheart: uu tama ka, JAPAN (just always pray at night)! merry CHRISTmas din syo bro! :)

December 24, 2008 at 10:05 AM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails