

Last night, Monette and I went to Divisoria for some bargain hunting. We expected to see the place to be jampacked with people and of course, with goods of all shapes and sizes. We weren't disappointed.

After doing a quick survey, I learned the prices of most goods on display along the streets near Tutuban Mall:
trendy dresses:
P150-P350 each (I got mine for P150!)
colored pants:
P180-P250 each
pedals:
P150-P200 each
short leggings:
P80-P150 each
long leggings:
P100-P180 each
printed t-shirts:
2 for P150, 2 for P180
t-shirts with brand logos:
P200 each
trendy tops:
P250-450 each
men's underwears:
3 for P100 each
women's undies:
P10-P35 each
branded jacket,Class A Imitation:
P350-600 each
branded shoes,Class A Imitation:
P350-600 per pair
sandals:
P150-P250 per pair
socks:
P10-P25 per pair
colored belts:
P50-150 each
earrings:
P10-P50 per pair
Korean earrings:
P35 per pair
bracelets/bangles:
P50-P150 each
other accessories:
P20-P100 each
home items/decors:
P20-P100 each
Practically, Monette and I spent almost 4 hours shopping at the night market. It was fun, I tell you. We haggled a lot. We sweated a lot also because of the continuous walk. We looked haggard at the end of the shopping but who cares, we were able to take home several good finds. I, for instance, was able to get a trendy dress (very appropriate for a wedding I'll be attending on the first week of December), a pair of long leggings and a matching top, two t-shirts and some accessories at relatively low prices.





Shopping is indeed therapeutic. When shopping at the night market in Divisoria, make sure to bring a bottle of water and a hanky because you'll surely sweat a lot. Beware also of your surroundings because as with other crammed areas in the metro, pickpocketers and snactchers are just lurking in the corner.
When dealing with vendors, never forget to haggle. You can cut the price in half just by smiling. But if you feel you're smile isn't effective, drop it. Go to the next stall and try your luck once again. You have a lot of time to do that. The night market opens at around 7 p.m. and closes at around midnight. Or so we were told by one of the vendors.

Happy shopping! :)
Note: The photos used in this post were taken using my Sony Ericsson T280i. I know the resolution is not that good but please bear with me because I took caution and didn't bring a better camera phone. Divisoria at night is worse than daytime when it comes to pickpocketing and/or snatching, and that's a fact.




