Though I have been blogging since 2005, the words Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Google Page Rank (Google PR) are still new to me. I have heard about SEO before but I never minded. It must be because during that time, I was too focused on sharing my personal experiences to the world that I forgot about the "other things" that matter.
If truth be told, it was only last year that I actually grasped the idea of blog monetizing. Through some help and advice from online friends, I got enthusiastic with making money out of my blogs. I also learned to check the PR of my sites (one has a PR3 and I got surprised) and researched on SEO as well as ways to increase my blog traffic. I have also been aware of the importance of a domain name and how it can actually help blogs generate more money and increase their appeal to paid blogging sites.
As a starter, I guess I am still at a lost. I know the road to success is winding yet I promise to persevere. Recently, I registered my PR3 blog (which is a subdomain by the way) to some paid blogging sites and so far, I only got two approvals out of 10. I know my strategy is wrong (long entry gaps; subdomains are less desirable than domains) but I just tried my luck. I had nothing to lose, anyway.
This site, "The Life of a Breadwinner," on the other hand, is still new and has no page rank yet so I guess I will have to wait before I can monetize it. But wait I will. Only time can tell when I could get my first 100 USD. I am optimistic.
Friends, care to share some blog monetizing secrets with me? :)
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 15 July 2008
at Tuesday, July 15, 2008
and is filed under
Google Page Rank,
Life,
Paid Blogging Sites,
Personal Reflections,
SEO
.





