My Penchant for Necklaces  

Posted by edelweiza

While I don't invest in gold jewelries, I have to admit I have a penchant for necklaces. I particularly love collecting unique but stylish necklaces. My necklace collection isn’t big. I just have several pieces that cannot be easily seen on the neck of strangers and I think that makes them special in their own right.

It’s quite funny because despite my penchant for necklaces, I don’t wear a necklace often. Most of the time, I get satisfied just by staring at them lying neatly in my necklace box or hanging proudly from one of my clothes hangers. Whenever I shop for necklaces, I derive joy just by playing in my head the many possibilities in which I could wear the particular necklace I’m eyeing.

The necklaces in my collection are made of different materials such as metals, beads, wood, fabric, porcelain/resin type, clay, plastic, murano glass and the likes.

murano glass
necklace in murano glass

Right now, my favorite shopping place for necklaces is Landmark and Rustan’s in Makati. This is where I get to chance upon necklaces whose style and design simply fascinate me. Like yesterday when I was there with my sister J, I saw this murano glass necklace hanging in one corner of Rustan’s Dept. Store. I loved its simple but elegant design. When I looked further, I saw this line of murano glass necklaces in different shapes and colors. I wanted to buy at least two but when I checked the prices, I almost cried in disbelief. Each necklace cost a little over P2,000! Good thing I didn't have my credit card with me. And I guess even if I had the money then, I wouldn’t have bought it. It’s just so against my shopping principles. Haha.

But, I’m going to look for these murano glass babies in other accessory stores. Quiapo or Divisoria, perhaps? Wherever. So long as I get the cheaper ones to add to my growing necklace collection.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 12 May 2011 at Thursday, May 12, 2011 .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails