Last night at the restaurant where I work part-time, we had a group of six for guests. They are the only group that night so they had the house all to themselves. The three persons looked familiar to me as I would learn later they have dined (as a big group representing a pharmaceutical company) at the restaurant before. They were medical representatives (med reps). It turned out they were treating their doctors (the other three) to a special dinner this time.

So, I did the usual. I gave them a tour of the house and when they landed on the table to eat, I joined the rest of the restaurant staff to serve them. Times like this, I can't help but overhear their conversations, from where the best doctor lab coats can be sourced to stories about their worst patients. They even made fun of some nurses who cannot wear their nursing uniforms or scrub uniforms as clean and neat as possible, just because their too busy with their jobs.

Med reps and doctors tend to form a good working relationship through bonding activities like dinners, spa visits and the likes. Both are reaping benefits from each other. The med reps get their line of medicines sold while the doctors get pampered with cool perks. I don't have anything against this setup as I think it's mutually beneficial. As long as they treat each other as professional as possible, and they don't compromise the health of the patients, then the collaboration must continue.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 07 October 2010 at Thursday, October 07, 2010 and is filed under , , , , , , .

0 comments

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails