There's no such thing as a stable job. Even if you're work is permanent as stated in your contract, one circumstance is all it takes to turn the situation upside down. That's why you have to always look for new job opportunities, acquire new skills and keep your career options open. And for career indecision which is usually the case among professionals (seasoned or not), I say always follow your heart. In the end, what matters most is your happiness.

My brother didn't make it to his first job application. My entire family felt low for him, temporarily. He admitted to me that he didn't give his best during the training simply because he couldn't imagine himself doing the job, no matter how he tried to picture himself in it. Somehow, I became guilty because I knew I just forced him to try his luck on it. Now I realize that happiness is one big factor that affects one's perception of his career path. Only by following our heart's desire and our passion can we really enjoy a job and give our best on it.

This is definitely a lesson learned for me.


If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.

Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted on 21 July 2009 at Tuesday, July 21, 2009 and is filed under , , , , , , .

6 comments

hi there del...thanks for visiting my blog! i'm having my rounds now and decided to link u in my main page. seems i'll be visiting you often now..

with this post, yeah, nothing is really stable. then again, the dream job that i wanted to do was not the path i've chosen to take. never had a formal education in photography, cooking and writing and drawing too since those are the things i love doing most.

i wanted to have a career in being a movie critic since u get paid just by watching movies (i'm a movie addict) but that's wishful thinking for now. i guess, all this writing can be done in blogging for the meantime!

July 21, 2009 at 4:02 PM

@abby: wow..thanks! so long as you're happy in what you do, you're okay. i also want to be a movie critic! yay! :)

P.S. I tried to open your Blogger profile but Blogger couldn't find it. How come?

July 21, 2009 at 4:14 PM

that's what I do.. always. :) kya no permanent padin ang drama ko but I'm Happy ^__^ thanks for this post edel :)

July 21, 2009 at 4:37 PM

@mee*i: hehe. korek, as long as you're happy...go lang ng go! ur welcome friend.:)

July 21, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Thanks for droppin' by my blog.Ü
It's true what you said that we should follow our hearts - that's what I did! Last Feb, I left this company because I was no longer happy with what I was doing. It didn't matter that they were paying me loads of money - it was not enough. I was looking for other things which was clear to me that the company had no intention of giving: appreciation, fulfillment, and growth.

July 21, 2009 at 7:43 PM

@russ: very well said.what makes you happy will make you a better person. :)

August 10, 2009 at 3:13 PM

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails