Health and wellness are probably two of the primary concerns of people today. With the busy life we lead, it really comes to a point when we unintentionally neglect our bodies. I, myself, complain about stress and the occasional back pain from sitting in front of the PC most of the day. It's pathetic that in our serious efforts to have a bright future, our health suffers in the process. Balance is key, which means we also have to pamper ourselves once in a while to enable our bodies to breathe and rejuvenate.
Whenever I have the time and the resources, I visit health spas and avail one or two of their services. Usually, I go there with my friends for better appreciation and company. While I enjoy a full body massage, I noticed I always end up staying longer in the saunas. It must be the sweltering but strangely comforting heat that keeps me from going out. I can stay in the sauna room for 35 minutes or more. I'm that hooked on it.
Did you know that saunas have many health benefits? Saunas, particularly the infrared ones, detoxify the body through sweating, flushing out chemicals and toxins that harm our system. They purify the skin by relaxing facial tensions and improving skin elasticity.They enable the body to do cardiovascular workouts that help lower blood pressure and improve blood circulation. Not only that, they also provide relief to pain and arthritis and reduce fatigue.
But the best health benefit of saunas, for me, is weight loss. Studies show that infrared sauna can burn as much as 300 to 600 calories in one session. Isn't that good news to girls desperately wanting to lose weight like me? I just got inspired.
Whenever I have the time and the resources, I visit health spas and avail one or two of their services. Usually, I go there with my friends for better appreciation and company. While I enjoy a full body massage, I noticed I always end up staying longer in the saunas. It must be the sweltering but strangely comforting heat that keeps me from going out. I can stay in the sauna room for 35 minutes or more. I'm that hooked on it.
Did you know that saunas have many health benefits? Saunas, particularly the infrared ones, detoxify the body through sweating, flushing out chemicals and toxins that harm our system. They purify the skin by relaxing facial tensions and improving skin elasticity.They enable the body to do cardiovascular workouts that help lower blood pressure and improve blood circulation. Not only that, they also provide relief to pain and arthritis and reduce fatigue.
But the best health benefit of saunas, for me, is weight loss. Studies show that infrared sauna can burn as much as 300 to 600 calories in one session. Isn't that good news to girls desperately wanting to lose weight like me? I just got inspired.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 26 June 2009
at Friday, June 26, 2009
and is filed under
Health and Wellness,
Health Spas,
Saunas,
Spa Services
.




