Don't you wish you can pay for anything at the speed of a text message? The idea of a mobile wallet that provides for cashless and cardless method of payment was unheard of until Globe Telecom introduced GCash to Pinoy mobile users in October 2004. I admit I've heard about GCash before but have registered to the service only recently to see for myself how it delivers on its promises.
To enjoy the advantages that GCash offers, all you have to do is register to the service, convert your money into GCash credits and start disposing your money through your mobile phone. It's that easy.

click image to read
As for me, I tried using GCash in online shopping. I paid for a lovely black top I spotted at an online ukay shop through GCash. It was a swift transaction. I just sent GCash credits to the seller's phone number and that's it. After three days, my purchase was delivered right smack to my doorstep.
Paying through GCash is like paying through credit card except that you don't have to go to the bank to pay for your bill once it's due. The money is in your mobile phone and all you have to do is use it based on your needs, just like how you would cash but in a techie manner.
The GCash interface on mobile phones varies depending on the handset you're using. I'm using a Sony Ericsson P990i and it's relatively simple yet functional in it.
So far, my GCash experience is fun and efficient. I like it that I now have a mobile wallet where there are GCash credits ready to use, anytime and anywhere. At present, I reserve them for paying some of my bills and for emergency purchases. It can never be this convenient for someone as highly-dependent to technology (especially when it comes to personal finance) as me.
Lately, I've been (window) shopping online a lot. My latest purchase was a pair of mid-calf boots on eBay UK. I hope someday GCash could also be used as a payment method in more popular online shopping sites such as eBay, Amazon and Etsy, just like Paypal but with a Pinoy touch. Who knows it could happen in the future? Globe makes things possible, right?
***
If you wanna download GCash and lots of other useful and fun applications for free, click here. The website looks funky and bright, which I think makes it appealing to the younger crowd. I love the use of soothing colors such as orange and blue. Also, downloading free apps from the site is a breeze. And you can get as much free apps as your phone can handle.
The only downside is that you have to figure out yourself if all these applications are compatible to your mobile unit or not. Unless you fully understand your phone's system requirements (which are provided for each application along with the FAQ and troubleshooting guide), you won't have a problem getting free apps from the site.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
To enjoy the advantages that GCash offers, all you have to do is register to the service, convert your money into GCash credits and start disposing your money through your mobile phone. It's that easy.

As for me, I tried using GCash in online shopping. I paid for a lovely black top I spotted at an online ukay shop through GCash. It was a swift transaction. I just sent GCash credits to the seller's phone number and that's it. After three days, my purchase was delivered right smack to my doorstep.
How to Send GCash
Person-to-person money transfer or P2P allows you to send GCASH to any Globe or TM subscriber at the speed of a text message.
Just type AMOUNT4-digit PIN and send to 2882+10 digit cellphone number of the recipient.
You may opt to go to the Globe Services menu in your SIM card, click on Postpaid or Prepaid Services>GCASH>Send GCASH
Please note that before you can use P2P transfer, you must first load your mobile wallet with GCash credits. You can buy them from any Globe Business Centers nationwide.
Paying through GCash is like paying through credit card except that you don't have to go to the bank to pay for your bill once it's due. The money is in your mobile phone and all you have to do is use it based on your needs, just like how you would cash but in a techie manner.
The GCash interface on mobile phones varies depending on the handset you're using. I'm using a Sony Ericsson P990i and it's relatively simple yet functional in it.
So far, my GCash experience is fun and efficient. I like it that I now have a mobile wallet where there are GCash credits ready to use, anytime and anywhere. At present, I reserve them for paying some of my bills and for emergency purchases. It can never be this convenient for someone as highly-dependent to technology (especially when it comes to personal finance) as me.
Lately, I've been (window) shopping online a lot. My latest purchase was a pair of mid-calf boots on eBay UK. I hope someday GCash could also be used as a payment method in more popular online shopping sites such as eBay, Amazon and Etsy, just like Paypal but with a Pinoy touch. Who knows it could happen in the future? Globe makes things possible, right?
***
If you wanna download GCash and lots of other useful and fun applications for free, click here. The website looks funky and bright, which I think makes it appealing to the younger crowd. I love the use of soothing colors such as orange and blue. Also, downloading free apps from the site is a breeze. And you can get as much free apps as your phone can handle.
The only downside is that you have to figure out yourself if all these applications are compatible to your mobile unit or not. Unless you fully understand your phone's system requirements (which are provided for each application along with the FAQ and troubleshooting guide), you won't have a problem getting free apps from the site.
If you liked this post and would be interested to get updated with The Life of a Breadwinner, bookmark this site or subscribe to my feeds.
Get the latest updates on the Life of a Breadwinner by subscribing to my RSS feeds. This entry was posted
on 04 August 2009
at Tuesday, August 04, 2009
and is filed under
GCash,
GCash Experience,
Globe Telecom,
Globe's Free Applications Website
.




